Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Lemon Sunshine

It rained here for almost 2 weeks straight. Then we had one GORGEOUS day and then more rain for 5 more full days. By the 15th day of rain I was ready to go crazy!

Then our local grocery had lemons on sale. So I bought a bunch, went to my new favorite blog for recipes: Smitten Kitchen and found this post with a recipe for Lemon Bars.

I made them with the 1:1 ratio. I'm not all that fond of lemony tartness but my husband LOVES it. So I pretty much made these for his taste buds and for my need for bright color in the house!

They came out a little too tart/sweet for my taste but they weren't too bad as I ate quite a bit myself! And they did brighten up my kitchen and now the sun has been shinning in and out so everything is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment