Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

{Dream}

I love Amanda Soule's blog Soule Mama. I get so much inspiration from reading her words and seeing her beautiful pictures each day.

I've got both her books, The Creative Family and Handmade Home. For the longest time all I could do was look through them both and wait for the day when I'd be able to put her ideas into use in our home.

We moved at the beginning of December and my sewing machine FINALLY came out of storage just a few weeks ago. This was the first project I made. The "word banner" from Handmade Home. The best part: I had ALL the materials on hand. I love when that happens. I had such a good time picking out the fabrics and piecing this together all the while thinking of it hanging on my daughter's wall.
It's now on the wall across from her crib. I choose the same word Amanda did not so much as to "copy" her but because this is what I want for my baby girl. To dream her dreams while she sleeps and to remember to follow them as she gets older. We all can use that reminder from time to time: don't forget our dreams and go out and attain them.

1 comment: